It’s the end of the first week of school, and I’m stuck in the pits of gratitude.
I am thankful for so many things, including a later wakeup this Saturday morning and a second cup of coffee that sits by me patiently, while I gather my foggy thoughts.
In no particular order, because I can’t figure out how to go on without a bullet point list, let me bring you up to speed.
- ALL of my laundry is done and put away. This includes towels and sheets and it’s only 9am on Saturday morning as I write this…
- I turned thirty (and the celebration/video work that followed that was amazing, so I’m still not over how great it is to be thirty!)
- I still get to work with the 7th grade teachers as a literacy coach!
- I moved and my new place has a whirlpool, hello relaxation.
- Our school bought the Units of Study in Writing for grades K-8 (oh seriously I’m more than excited about this!!)
- There are so many new babies in my life and I love love them all.
- I’ve got a boyfriend (well, I’ve had one for over a year now, but I haven’t posted on here for awhile). He is amazing.
- My donors choose classroom project for new books got funded.
- Friends asked me to post another donors choose project because they didn’t get a chance to give! Ahhh
- I’m going to a poetry reading next Friday with Sarah Kay & Taylor Mali.
- My calendar is full of things I LOVE to do.
- I’m in a new amazing grad program.
But lastly, I’m back with my students.
And I’m totally stuck there, because at one week in they are melting my heart. They are asking the right questions, they are trusting me for the journey of this year, they have secured my spot in the pit of gratitude, and I’m not even trying to climb out.